Amir Hossein Nikpour
A collection of objects of everyday life, photographs, correspondence, books, writings including prayers, prescriptions, invitation letters, questions and answers, and legal and financial documents including marriage contracts, dowry registries, sales and settlements, wills, affidavits, and petitions.
Most of the objects in this collection belonged to Raziyah Khanum, the daughter of Mirza Muhsin, who gave them to his son, ‘Abd al-Husayn Nikpur, who in turn gave them to his son, Amir Hossein Nikpour.
- Dates Late-18th to early-20th century
- Date Acquired December 11, 2014
- Last Edited 11 March 2020
- Record Number 14142
- Genres objects embroidery photographs legal & financial marriage contracts wills sales & settlements leases prayers & devotions writings powers of attorney correspondence manuscripts genealogies testimony dowry registries petitions
- Subjects bags (containers) fabrics religious objects tirmah tablecloths clothing childbirth group portraits hair ornaments and styles hats shoes children veils architecture dolls carpets education schools military uniforms water and irrigation household furnishings Qur’an boxes (containers) hookahs silver tea jewels and jewelry students bedding inheritance marriage money gold mahr dowry fasts Hajj husband and wife pilgrimages and shrines prayer property and property management rites and ceremonies taʻziyah wills qanats gardens siblings power of attorney rent weddings courtiers invitations parties letter writing postal service villages copper divorce advice books etiquette humor and satire testimony crime Premier remuneration animals carriages feasts sewing travel banks and banking lamps andaruni agriculture baths and bath accessories glassware tombs and cemeteries debts and loans mosques mourning Religious tithes ʻAshura charity drawings and paintings poetry tutors death drugs medicine alimony funerals and burials infants fruit illness intercourse pregnancy breast feeding custody of children quarreling consulates and embassies housing Ministry of Justice petitions Russians receipts financial matters food servants tobacco decrees usurpation stores hygiene temporary marriage kitchenware gendarmerie press bazaars orphans taxes women's rights grains armies promissory notes commerce suicide Armenians telegraph birth records tableware mediation Christians politics and government peasants bread and bakeries courts weapons Kurds arrest photographs seals Ministry of War horses and horse riding divination sit-in money transfers nannies pillage epidemic circumcision cooking Ministry of Education endowments miscarriages and abortion midwife stationery imprisonment Europeans weather dreams marriage proposal famines protests flowers mirrors households rawzah apologies Ministry of Finance embroidery accidents police music postcards animal husbandry Ministry of Interior practice Ottomans caravansaries gambling prostitution telephone menstruation radio opium French language illicit sex construction bribery Constitutional Revolution dance gifts automobiles quarrel and reconciliation cosmetics love