Correspondence regarding the murder of Haydar Quli, 1919
Investigation of the murder of Haydar Quli with the order of Hisam al-Mulk’s wife. Includes correspondence among the Governors of Savah and Zarand, Tehran, and Hamadan. According to a report by the gendarmerie, Hisam al-Mulk’s wife stopped at Gharq Abad village on her way to Hamadan. During the night, Haydar Quli entered her house intending to commit robbery but one of the servants arrested him. In the morning, while he attempted to escape, he was shot in the back by the servant. However, the peasants of Gharq Abad claimed in a petition that there was a fight between Haydar Quli and one of the servants and Hisam al-Mulk’s wife ordered his execution by shooting. Siqat al-Mulk, the Governor of Hamadan, in a telegram to the Ministry of Interior, refuted this claim.
- Date 4 May 1919 - 24 July 1919
- Collections National Library and Archives of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Repository National Library and Archives of Islamic Republic of Iran
- Restrictions Users must refer to the National Library and Archives of Islamic Republic of Iran as the original owner of items in this collection.
- Accessed 21 October 2020
- Last Edited 9 August 2021
- Record no. 902A52