Jewish immigrant family from the Caucasus
Right to left (standing): Maryam, Sughra (mother of Dr. Ziyaʼ Manuchihri), and Sultan (mother of Dr. Arastu Safayi, grandmother of Parvin Tabibzadah); (seated): mother, father and brother of Maryam, Sughra and Sultan. The brother later became known as Haji Binyamin Asil Mazandarani, a famous merchant. He is the grandfather of Ibrahim Asil, editor of the magazine Kurush-i Buzurg.
- Date circa. 1870
Around 1870, this family who were fur and dried good merchants immigrated from the Caucasus to Iran and settled in the city of Babul. A daughter from this family later married Yaʻqub Damavandi (Ashraf al-Attibaʼ)
- Collections Center for Iranian Jewish Oral History
- Repository Center for Iranian Jewish Oral History (1174-P-2000)
- Restrictions Use of collection materials for publication purposes must cite the Center for Iranian Jewish Oral History as the current repository.
- Accessed 14 February 2012
- Last Edited 28 August 2013
- Record no. 1025A156