Regarding the petition of Safar and Ruqiyah against the wife of Lutf ʻAli Khan, the officer of the army
Safar and Ruqaiyyah write that their twelve year old daughter was killed by the wife of Lutf ʻAli Khan, the officer of army, the master of the house in which they worked as domestic servants. The girl was alive for a week and doctors could witness that she died because of being beaten by Lutf ʻAli Khan’s wife. Lutf ʻAli Khan confessed that his wife beat the girl, but no one was willing to pursue the case, so Safar and Ruqaiyyah asked the Majlis to investigate the case and help them in achieving justice for the poor girl.
ImagesView This Item
- Date June or July 1911 - July or August 1911
Some of these documents are published in “Women’s Documents During Constitutional Era (second and third Majlis)” edited by Fatimah Turkchi and Ali Tatari.
- Collections Majlis Document Center
- Repository Majlis Library, Museum and Document Center
- Restrictions Use of collection materials for publication purposes must cite Majlis Library, Museum and Document Center (Tehran, Iran) as current repository.
- Accessed 26 July 2012
- Last Edited 27 August 2012
- Record no. 1018B30