Navadir al-amsal [with Types of food by Nadir Mirza], late 19th century
This collection consists of two books on food and food science. The first is written in Arabic and divided into several chapters. The second text is a cookbook written in Persian, begun on 7 February 1875 [1 Muharram 1292] and completed on 2 November 1883 [1 Muharram 1301]. The first page includes the author’s extended genealogy and a table of contents. According to this note, the author Nadir Mirza was born in April 1827 [Ramadan 1242] in Astarabad and is the son of Badi’ al Zaman Qajar (Sahib Ikhtiyar) and Jahan Sultan, daughter of Muhammad Taqi (Hisam al Saltanah), son of Muhammad Quli also known as Malik Ara Ibn Fath ‘Ali Shah.
- Creator Nadir Mirza ibn Badiʻ al-Zaman Qajar
- Date mid/late 19th century
In Arabic and Persian.
- Collections Majlis Library, Museum and Document Center
- Repository Majlis Library, Museum and Document Center (MS. 8145)
- Restrictions Use of collection materials for publication purposes must cite Majlis Library, Museum and Document Center (Tehran, Iran) as current repository. Use of material for commercial purposes is contingent upon acquiring the Repository's permission.
- Accessed 14 February 2012
- Last Edited 20 September 2018
- Record no. 1018A16